Strawberry Nut Salad
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 packages strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages frozen strawberries
- 18 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 pint sour cream
- In mixing bowl combine gelatin with boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Fold strawberries in at once with juice, drained pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Turn half the mixture into square dish or mold as first layer.
- Refrigerate until firm then spread sour cream evenly over top and gently spoon on remaining strawberry mixture and refrigerate.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group