Sticky Rice and Mangotyle Banana
- Wash and rinse the sticky rice well. Add enough water to the rice so until the water is about 1/4" above the rice surface. Cook rice in an automatic rice cooker or in a bowl in a steamer. Do not open the rice until fully cooked (about 20-25 mins).
- Heat, on low, 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan. Add Sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt to the coconut milk and cook until dissolved. Remove from heat and pour into cooked rice. Stir to mix well and set aside to let stand for about 15 mins.
- Heat the rest of coconut milk and add salt.
- Stir until the salt is dissolved.
- This makes the topping sauce.
- To serve, place sliced mangoes on a side of a serving disk. Spoon some seasoned sticky rice on the other side. Top the rice with 1 or 2 tsp of coconut sauce and serve.
- Makes about 6 servings.