Sri Lanka Bistake Beef Steak Saute with Onion
- 450 gm Beef, Rump Steak
- 2 Onion
- 75 ml vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper, Black, coarse grind
- 100 ml oil
- 1 curry leaf sprigs
- 2 cg cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp mustard seed, ground
- 100 ml Stock
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- Slice the Beef into 50mm slices. Make Onion rings with 1 1/2 onions and chop remainder. Mix together the vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl and marinate Beef for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and when hot add the curry leaves, chopped Onion and cinnamon stick. When fragrant add the Beef and marinade. Cover pan and cook over a low heat until the Beef is tender. Remove the Beef and set aside.
- Add the Onion rings to the pan and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add the mustard, stock, Sugar and chile powder and mix well. Put back the Beef slices and cook for a further 2–3 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
[[Category:Mustard seed Recipes