Southern Style Greens
- 2 pounds assorted dark leafy greens, such as mustard, collard, and rainbow chard
- 8 rashers thick cut bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cook bacon in a large stainless steel pot. Pour one tbsp bacon fat back into pot and add greens. Sauté over medium high heat for 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and lower heat to medium low. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle serving portions with cooked bacon and serve warm.