Sopa Seca de Tortilla
Dry tortilla soup From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: My old recipes
- 6 tortillas
- ½ cup oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups tomato purée
- 6 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated cheese
- Cut tortillas into strips like macaroni.
- Fry in oil until crisp.
- Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Fry minced onion in oil in which tortillas were fried.
- Add tomato puree.
- Season and cook, covered, 30 minutes.
- Butter a casserole.
- Put in layers: tortilla strips, sauce, grated cheese and round slices of hard cooked eggs.
- Follow same procedure until all ingredients are used, having rounds of eggs for last layer.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- This will freeze.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group