Soft Apple Cider Cookies
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Egg Beaters™
- Yield: 48 cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Fleischmann's™ Move Over Butter spread, softened
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup Egg Beaters™ healthy real egg substitute
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced (about 1½ cups)
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- Blend sugar and cider until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat baking sheets with vegetable spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter spread on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in cider and egg product.
- Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in apples and almonds.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Frost with cider glaze.
- 78 Cal | 3g Fat | 12g Carb | 3mg Cholesterol | 65mg Sodium.\
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Fat.