Skinny Chicken and Vegetable Fettuccine Alfredo
A Karen Danielson recipe from The Sneaky Kitchen
- 8 oz box Tyson diced, frozen cooked chicken (or previously cooked and diced chicken)
- 16 oz bag Birdseye frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts (or equivalent)
- 32 oz jar Ragu Light alfredo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, then minced fine
- Mrs. Dash extra-spicy seasoning, generous sprinkle or to taste
- 12 oz box fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons per serving as garnish
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add frozen, diced chicken to skillet and season with Mrs. Dash extra-spicy, to taste.
- Stir-fry chicken until it is warmed through and lightly browned.
- Place frozen vegetables in a colander and thaw under running warm water.
- Add thawed vegetables to skillet with chicken and continue to cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine as package directs; drain, reserving ¼ c of the cooking water.
- Add reserved cooking water to skillet, stirring well and scraping up any browned bits on bottom of skillet. Stir in Ragu Alfredo sauce and then add cooked fettuccine, mixing together well.
- Adjust seasonings, then serve immediately. Pass grated Parmesan.