Shrimp in Beer Sauce
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peel, devein
- 1½ cups beer
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- ½ tsp sage
- 4 drops Tabasco
- Combine shrimp, beer, onion, lemon, bay leaf, and parsley; bring to a boil; lower heat; and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Allow to cool in cooking liquid.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup of liquid.
- In a skillet saute garlic in hot oil until lightly browned.
- Combine tomato paste, sage, and Tabasco with 1 cup of reserved liquid and garlic in skillet.
- Stir shrimp into sauce and heat.
- Serve over rice.