Sautéed Chicken Livers, Bacon and Onions
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pint of chicken livers, cleaned
- ½ lb bacon, crisp
- 2 medium onions
- ½ to ¾ cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper]
- a dash of sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ lb linguine pasta, cooked al dente
- a sprinkling of grated parmagana cheese (optional)
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Place the vegetable oil in a non stick large pan.
- Add the onion slices into the pan and saute until the onions become translucent.
- Add the chicken livers into the pan and cook until the livers show no signs of blood.
- Add in the seasoning, mushrooms and sherry.
- Continue cooking tossing frequently until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Re-season if necessary.
- Reduce the sauce so that it thickens slightly.
- Place the cooked pasta in the bottom of a large pasta bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the butter to coat evenly.
- Pour the chicken livers and it's sauce over the center of the pasta.
- Break the crisp bacon into bite size pieces and place them over the livers.
- Sprinkle the entire serving dish including the edges of the dish with some more of the freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with hot Italian bread and your favorite red wine. Mmm.