Lebanese cheese pastries
- 5 cups all purpose plain flour
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup oil
- Prepare Lebanese Basic Dough.
- Cover and leave aside for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into walnut-size balls. Roll out to form circles (8 cm diameter).
- Put filling on one side of each circle.
- Fold over one end to make semi-circles.
- Press edges with fingers.
- Fry in 1 cup of vegetable oil over medium heat. Brown both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Mix ingredients and put aside.