Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 tb vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 1 lb firm tofu; patted dry—and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 2 sm potatoes; boiled—cut into bite-size wedges
- 1/2 lb Fresh spinach; cleaned—steamed, and chopped
- 1/2 sm Head green cabbage; shredded—and lightly steamed
- 1/2 lb mung bean sprouts -- washed thoroughly
FOR THE DRESSING
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c Roasted peanuts
- 5 ts Soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tb lime or lemon juice
- 4 ts brown sugar
- 1/4 ts cayenne pepper
- 2 tb water
- Heat the oil and salt in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the tofu in small batches and saute until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Arrange the bean curd, potatoes, spinach, and cabbage on individual plates.
- Prepare the dressing by placing all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth. If the dressing seems too thick, add another teaspoon of water.
- Top the vegetables and bean curd with the bean sprouts and dressing, and serve immediately.