Salad of Fresh Fava Beans with Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the shelled fava beans and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain and, when cool enough to handle, pinch off and discard the outer skin from each bean.
- Place the shallots in a small bowl, add salt and pepper and stir in the lemon juice to dissolve the salt.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Line a platter or 4 salad plates with lettuce.
- Arrange watercress and fava beans atop the lettuce.
- Drizzle on vinaigrette and the cubes of pecorino over all.