- Microwave or boil the potatoes until they are half-cooked; the flesh should still be firm, and not crumbly.
- Let them cool until you can comfortable handle them, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, dump the can of Rotel tomatoes and most of the juice, then add potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the tomato liquid has been absorbed by the potatoes (this takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, and is usually dependent on how hungry you are).
- Optional: if you want to add eggs at this point, make a crater in the center of the pan and add eggs.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until eggs are scrambled.
- When they are just about down, stir thoroughly with the potato mixture.
- Serve with cheese (optional), either alone, or wrapped in steamed tortillas.
- With the eggs and cheese, this make a simple, spicy, and very filling breakfast.
- Other ideas I have yet to try: stir in spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, and or onions with the potatoes.