This beet salad is served at Estonian parties and on holidays. It can be doubled, tripled, whatever, and if you use deli roast Beef (sliced thick and then cut in small cubes), there is not much cooking except for the potatoes. It is a colourful dish one of the few pink foods.
- 2 cups cold meat (parisa, fritz, roast or ham)
- 3 fillets herring
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 6 medium sized cooked potatoes
- 4 dill cucumbers
- 2 medium onions
- 2 apples
- 2 small tin beetroot
- Soak and wash herring in cold water.
- Mince the onion. Chop all the rest of the ingredients into centimeter cubes.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Blend all of the dressing ingredients and pour over the cubed food.
- Mix well, and serve.