Risotto with Zucchini Petals and Basil
- Heat stock over very low heat in small saucepan, and continue cooking.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add rice, reduce heat to medium-low and stir for 1 minute.
- Add wine and salt.
- Stir rice continuously with large wooden spoon until all liquid is absorbed.
- Ladle in 1 cup of hot stock, and stir often while rice cooks gently.
- When rice absorbs first cup of stock, add second.
- Continue stirring and adding stock, always waiting until rice absorbs liquid before adding more, allowing about 30 minutes to cook.
- When done, rice is creamy and tender but with firm center.
- Stir in zucchini, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese, remaining butter and basil.
- If necessary, add more stock to keep risotto moist and creamy—it should form a spreading mound if spooned onto plate.
- Stir in blossoms, if using.
- Season to taste.