Purée of Portabello Mushroom Soup
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt together the olive oil and butter, then add the Onion, celery, and leeks, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cleaned and trimmed sliced portabellos, garlic, and thyme and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sherry and sauté until the liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the stock and increase temperature to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Puree batches of soup in a well-covered blender, processing until smooth and all the soup has been made creamy.
- Return soup to saucepan and make sure it’s all heated through.
- Garnish servings with Parmesan cheese, and enjoy