Portobello Burgers with Avocado Mayonnaise
Makes 6 servings
- 6 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 1 purple onion, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- all natural PAM garlic flavor cooking and seasoning spray
- 6 hamburger buns
- 3 small California avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 small California avocado, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coat mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion with cooking spray.
- Grill onion in a Weber charcoal or gas barbecue, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 °F) 8 minutes on each side.
- Grill mushrooms 5 minutes on each side.
- Place bell pepper skin side down and grill for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Peel bell peppers and cut into strips.
- Spread avocado mayonnaise on cut sides of buns; place on cooking grate, and grill 1 minute.
- Place mushrooms, bell pepper strips, and onion evenly on bottom halves of buns.
- Top evenly with avocado slices and bun halves.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Cover and chill 2 hours, if desired.