Portabellos with Goat Cheese and Roasted Garlic
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup plain goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced herbs (parsley, basil, thyme)
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Prepare garlic by slicing through top part of garlic bulb to expose garlic, drizzle with olive oil and wrap loosely in foil.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cool.
- Mix butter, goat cheese, garlic (when cool), the olive oil drippings, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Clean mushrooms by wiping with damp paper towel.
- Remove stems and discard.
- Rub mushrooms lightly with olive oil.
- Grill on medium heat on a gas or charcoal grill.
- Alternatively, they can be baked at 350°F for 20 minutes or so, turning once.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on grilled mushrooms.
- Leave on the grill for another 5 minutes with the flame off and lid down so that the mixture will melt a bit more.
- Serve and enjoy!.