Portabella, Avocado and Pepper Jack Sandwich
- Brush each portabella cap with oil; sprinkle well with salt and lightly with pepper.
- Arrange on a sheet pan.
- Mix mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1½ teaspoons pepper; reserve.
- Just before service, peel and roughly diced avocados with 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) lemon juice.
- Toast bun.
- Meanwhile heat 1 portabella cap on the grill or in a hot frying pan.
- When bun is ready.
- Spread ½ tablespoon seasoned mayonnaise on each cut side.
- Put portabella, stem side up on bottom of bun; fill cap with ⅓ cup diced avocado.
- Top avocado with 1 slice cheese.
- Heat in a hot oven until cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Top with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice tomato, and top of bun.