Pizza Hero Sandwich
- Prep: 15 minutes - Bake: 15 minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) prepared Italian bread shell or focaccia
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES ® butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 4 ounces (about 24 slices) deli hard salami
- 4 (1/4-inch) green bell pepper rings
- 4 (1/4-inch) tomato slices
- 2 large red onion slices, separated into rings
- 6 slices (1-ounce each) deli LAND O LAKES ® provolone or American cheese
Slice bread in half horizontally.
Heat oven to 350 °F. Stir together butter, Italian seasoning and garlic in small bowl.
Spread mixture on one cut-side of bread shell. Layer with salami, green pepper, tomato, Onion and Cheese.
Top with remaining half of bread shell.
Wrap sandwich in aluminum foil.
Place onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and Cheese is melted.
Cut into 4 wedges. Serve warm.
- Makes 4 servings
- Nutritional Info Per 1 serving: Calories 640, Protein 32 g, Carbohydrate 53 g, Fat 33 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 1670 mg, Fiber 2 g