Peruvian Potato Salad
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1½ lb new potatoes
- 2 pkt cream cheese
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 small serrano chiles
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- bibb lettuce leaves
- 12 Greek olives
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- Mix onion, lemon juice, ½ tsp salt and the red pepper; cover and reserve.
- Heat 1 inch salt water to boiling.
- Add potatoes.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and cook 20-25 minutes, drain and cool.
- Pare potatoes; cut into fourths.
- Heat cream cheese, halfand half, chilies, ¼ tsp salt, stirring 10-12 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes on lettuce leaves.
- Spoon cheese mixture over potatoes.
- Drain onion; arrange on cheese and potatoes.
- Garnish with olives and eggs.