Peppy Franks with Rice
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 12-ounce package frankfurters, sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- Combine rice, water, salt and butter in 2- to 3-quart saucepan with tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Lower heat, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauce and franks.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over fluffy rice.