Passover Carrot Pudding
- ¾ cup raw carrots, (scraped and grated)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 eggs, (separated)
- ½ cup blanched almonds, (finely ground)
- ¼ rind lemon, ¼ (grated)
- 1½ tsp sweet red wine
- Use a fine grater to prepare the carrots.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks until light and thick.
- Add the carrots, almonds, lemon rind and wine.
- Beat the egg whites stiff and fold them into pudding.
- Grease a 6 cup casserole and coat with cake meal.
- Pour in pudding and bake at 325 °F about 60 min.
- Until firm and well browned.
- Serve at once.