Parmesan-Garlic Smashed Potatoes
From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1½ lbs all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed (or as many as you can stand)
- ⅓ cup low-fat milk
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ tsp salt
- In 2-qt. microwave-safe container, combine potatoes, water and garlic.
- Cover and microwave on high 12 to 14 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add milk, cheese and salt, beating until light and fluffy (if mixture becomes too thick, add more milk 1 tbsp at a time).
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group