Orange Cornflake Muffins
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 15 muffins about 198 calories per muffin.
- 1½ cups cornflakes
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Crush the cornflakes until they measure ¾ cup.
- Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in large mixing bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and orange rind; beat again.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in cornflakes, raisins and nuts if desired.
- Fill greased muffin tins ¾ full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.