Oozing with Goodness Tangerine Napa Cabbage Salad
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- grated zest of 1 tangerine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Napa cabbage shredded
- 2 scallions green and white parts thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tangerines peeled and sectioned
- Combine half the sesame seeds with the oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, honey, ginger, tangerine zest, salt and pepper in an electric blender and process until smooth.
- Toss with the shredded cabbage, scallions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Serve garnished with tangerine sections and remaining sesame seeds.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group