Nasi Goreng dengan Ayam
Fried rice with chicken. There are many variations for this dish. You can fry the rice with vegetables only or added with beef or seafood (prawns or crab). Here is a basic recipe you can improvise on.
- Serves 2
- 2 cups long-grain rice, cooked
- 1 piece Chicken breast, boneless and skinless, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 carrot, parboiled and diced (or you can buy pre-frozen)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sachet chicken stock
- green onions, chopped for garnishing
- 1 tsp ground chilli (sambal oelek) - omit this if you do not want it spicy
- soy sauce and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- In a wok, heat oil.
- Saute garlic and onions until slightly brown.
- Add ground chilli and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken stock and all the vegetables, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve hot.
- You can also garnish with a basic omelette, sliced thinly.