Nachos de Platano
Plantain nachos, a nice twist on traditional nachos.
- oil for frying
- plantain, thinly sliced
- chicken breast, sliced
- onions, chopped
- green, red and yellow bell peppers, sliced or chopped
- your choice of spices: cumin, oregano, cayenne, etc
- Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Stir fry the onions, bell peppers, garlic and spices until tender.
- Fry the plantain slices in oil until golden and crisp.
- Layer the bottom of a pie or casserole dish with the fried plantain "chips".
- Layer the sliced chicken breast cover with the stir-fried vegetables and spices.
- Add some shredded jack cheese and broil until the cheese just melts.