I served this at a company luncheon that I hosted and it was a BIG hit with everyone who loves and a couple of people who don't. Mrtadella is an Italian bologna, any garlic bologna would work.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pimento stuffed olives
- 1 cup chopped pitted black olives or kalamata
- ½ cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ⅓ lb salami
- ½ lb provolone cheese
- ½ lb mild cheese
- ⅓ lb mortadella
- ⅓ lb prosciutto
- tomatoes, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- Take 1 loaf fresh italian bread (one big round for a traditional muffaletta) slice in half, dig out some of the bread.
- Make the olive salad by combining , garlic, peppers and vinegar.
- Drizzle some of the olive oil and juice from the salad on each side of the open loaf- use plenty.
- On the bottom, place meats, cheeses, tomatoes, lettuce and olive salad.
- Top with other piece of bread and cut into wedges.