Mocha Cream Puffs
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
- Makes 20 cream puffs.
- 1 tsp coffee, instant
- 4 oz low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz light whipped dessert topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat an extra large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, coffee crystals, and salt.
- Bring to boiling.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir until a ball forms that doesn't separate.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition until smooth.
- Drop into 20 small mounds onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Split puffs; remove soft dough from insides.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip or a spoon, pipe or spoon mocha filling into cream puff bottoms.
- Add cream puff tops.
- In a medium bowl, combine half of an 8-ounce carton low-fat vanilla yogurt, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals.
- Fold in half of an 8-ounce container thawed light whipped dessert topping.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- 63 Calories | 3g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 37mg Cholesterol | 42mg Sodium | 6g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 2g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ other carbs | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: 0.5
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/