Melons stuffed with Fruits and Vegetables
- Cut each melon in half and remove and discard the seeds.
- Scoop out the fruit and reserve.
- Heat ½ cup oil in large skillet.
- Add the carrots and raisins.
- Sauté together until the carrots are soft.
- Add the salt, pepper, apple, green onion and lemon rind.
- Continue cooking until the apples are soft.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combined the sautéed mixture with cooked rice and stuff the melons.
- Chop up two cups of the reserved melon and arrange on top of the stuffing.
- Place the stuffed in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a small pan and brown the pine nuts, being careful not to let them burn.
- Sprinkle on top of baked melons and serve.