Meg Ryan's Cranberry Almond Bread
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 12
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir to mix.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, gradually beat sugar into butter.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in almond extract.
- Stir together cranberry sauce and sour cream.
- In several batches, add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with cranberry sour cream, beating until blended.
- Batter will be thick.
- Turn into bundt pan; smooth top.
- Bake 1 hr 10 minutes, or until cake is nicely browned on top and beginning to pull away from sides of pan.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then run a dull knife around inside and outer edges of pan to loosen.
- Unmold onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Drizzle with your choice of icing if you would like.