Meat Loaf Italian-style
Meat loaf stuffed with pasta topped with spaghetti sauce. Truly a family favorite! Great way to use up leftovers in the fridge!
- 100 g pasta (like rotini, or lasagne, or spaghetti)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 12 ounces ground round
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3½ ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ – ½ cup spaghetti sauce
- Grease loaf pan.
- Cook pasta until al dente (good way to use up leftover pasta), drain set aside.
- Soak breadcrumbs in wine.
- Add beef, turkey, eggs, garlic, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, green onions and sour cream to breadcrumb mixture.
- Place half the meat mixture into greased loaf pan.
- Form a trough through the meat along the length of the loaf pan.
- Fill the trough with the pasta and two tablespoons of sauce.
- Cover with remaining meat mixture.
- Top with spaghetti sauce.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes draining excess fat and juices at least twice.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.