Mango Chipotle Guajillo Turkey Chili
- Soak or prepare kidney beans, per packet directions.
- Rinse the chiles under cool water.
- Place in pot on stove and cover until submerged with near boiling water.
- Cover, bring to a boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat and let steam covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from and reserve water.
- Slice, removing stems and seeds, then dice.
- Saute chiles with onion, garlic and olive oil in a large pot.
- Add and brown the turkey with the cumin, garlic, sea salt and pepper, then stir in tomatoes, mango and beans with reserved water and reserved chile water as needed.
- (add leftover turkey gravy if available).
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for a minimum of 4 hours, but as many as 8.
- Stir occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and liquid level as needed.
- Garnish with lime wedges and top with grated cheese if desired.