Mango Black Bean Soup
- 1 x 16 oz pkg black beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup niblet corn
- 1 large portabello mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook black beans according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan heat oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Saute bell peppers, onion, carrot, and garlic for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broth, mango, tomato, corn, mushroom, jalapenos, and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain liquid from beans; purée half the cooked beans in a blender until smooth.
- Stir whole and puréed beans into soup; heat 2 minutes more.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese.