Macedonia di Frutta
- Seasonal fruits (strawberries, cherries, nectarines, mangoes, Italian plums, seedless grapes, etc.).
- Pour orange juice and wine into a large glass serving bowl and stir in lemon peel.
- Peel and core apple and pear, then cut them into small cubes.
- Slice the banana thin.
- Hold the fruit over the bowl and chop it on a plate so you don't lose any of the juices.
- The larger fruits should be pitted, peeled and cubed.
- Cherries should be pitted and left whole.
- Stir the fruit into the liquid as soon as it is cut (the juices and wine will help retain the colors).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- The macedonia can be made the night before.
- Serve lightly chilled garnished with mint leaves.