Light Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp and Peas
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound egg fettuccine
- 2 cups fat-free half and half
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1¾ pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Prepare pasta following package directions.
- Mix ¼ cup half and half with cornstarch, set aside.
- In a saucepan, add remaining half and half and place over heat.
- Stir in ½ tsp garlic salt and nutmeg.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in cornstarch mixture, cook 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- Take sauce off heat, and whisk in cheese and mustard until smooth.
- Stir in peas.
- Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add shrimp and remaining garlic salt, cook 3 min.
- Per side or until cooked through.
- Stir cream sauce into skillet with shrimp, add pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with additional cheese and garnish with basil.