Lentil-Veggie Burgers with Creamy Almondaise
- In large bowl, combine Lentils and rice. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add scallions, garlic carrot and Onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Combine with Lentil/rice mixture. Add tofu, 3 tablespoons flour, tamari, arrowroot mixture, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In shallow dish, mix together yeast and remaining ½ cup flour.
- With moistened hands, shape Lentil mixture into 6 patties, each about 3 inches in diameter.
- Coat in yeast/flour mixture and refrigerate 30 minutes
- In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add burgers (in batches if necessary) and cook until crispy brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Spread buns with almondaise, top each burger with some tomato slices and sprouts and serve.