Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Perfect with roast chicken or turkey. Recipe from MealLeaniYumm! ~ All that's missing is the fat! www.gourmania.com
- Yield: about 2 cups sauce
- 12-ounces fresh or frozen cranberries (1 bag)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¾ cup orange or cranberry juice
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Rinse and drain cranberries.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until cranberries pop open, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To cook sauce in the microwave, use a 3-quart microwave saucepan.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- When cool, transfer to a serving dish and refrigerate.
- Per (1 Tbsp) Serving: 21 Cal | 00 g Fat | 00 mg Cholesterol | 6 g Carb | 1 mg Sodium | 21 mg Potassium | 3 mg Calcium.
- 1 Tbsp Serving is FREE!
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/