Healthy Veggie Sandwich
From: Dallas Morning News — Sunday insert Parade Magazine September 24, 1995
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, reduced-calorie
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- ½ avocado, peeled
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 slices Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 4 slices cucumber, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 slices tomato
- ¼ cup alfalfa sprouts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread Mayonnaise on 1 side of each bread slice. Set the top 2 slices aside.
- Mash the avocado with the lemon juice. Spread on 2 slices of bread. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Top with Cheese slices.
- Lay half of the roasted pepper on the Cheese.
- Cover with cucumber and tomato slices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each with sprouts, cover with the top slices of bread.
- Cut in half; wrap them up.
Per sandwich: 384 calories | 21g fat | 25 mg cholesterol