Healthy Banana Apple Soy Muffins
- 1 cup soy flour, defatted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup apple juice, frozen concentrate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 egg whites - 3 in one bowl, 3 slightly beaten
- 2 bananas - large and ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 apple - unpeeled, cored diced
- 1 cup Raisins
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Set aside.
- Mix apple juice, vanilla, 3 egg whites, banana, applesauce and honey in bowl on low speed until blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix for a few seconds, just until moistened and no flour can be detected.
- With a spatula, stir in the remaining egg whites, which have been lightly beaten. #Then add the diced Apple and Raisins.
- Put 19 paper cupcake liners in muffin tins and fill cups to within 1/3 inch of top.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-24 minutes or until you can touch lightly on top and an imprint does not remain.
Yield: 19 servings.
Per muffin: 173 calories, 0.4 grams fat, 2.0% calories from fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium.