Guanajuato California Avocado Omelet
- 1 large California avocado, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Cups grated mozzarella Cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten well
- 3 Tbsp butter fresh ground pepper salt to taste
- chili sauce
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Pound fresh chilies, very finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp grated Onion
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Pour in beaten eggs and tilt pan so they spread evenly.
When omelet starts to set, loosen edges and carefully lift them, tilting pan so the uncooked eggs run to the bottom.
Spoon avocado filling onto one half of the omelet and fold over the other half.
Cook over a low heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Serve topped with the chili sauce if desired (see recipe below).
chili sauce Preparation
Mix all ingredients together and cook for approximately 30 minutes, until thick.