Greek Salad with Catfish
A Catfish recipe.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup calamata or black olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled)
- Bring water and lemon juice to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add catfish fillets and return to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer gently for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Using a slotted spatula, remove fillets from water and place on a platter to cool slightly.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cover and chill.
- Toss spinach, green onions and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Add feta cheese and catfish pieces.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and oregano in a small bowl using a wire whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated.