Golden Apple Oatmeal Bars
Makes about 1¼ cups
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned rolled oats.
- 1¼ cups flour, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon each baking powder and salt
- 1 cup cutter of margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Golden Delicious apples, pared, cored and sliced into 16ths.
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in beaten egg.
- Spread mixture into 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan.
- Gently toss apples, with sugar, ¼ cup flour and nutmeg.
- Arrange on crust.
- Sprinkle crumb topping in diagonal pattern over apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 – 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cut into bars or squares.