Gluten-free Brown-edge Lemon Wafers
Recipe makes about 48 cookies.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup potato starch
- 1½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup corn oil
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- ½ - 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind for topping
- Beat the eggs and sugar at high speed for three minutes.
- Add the potato starch, lemon rind, salt and corn oil.
- Mix just until well blended.
- Drop the dough by the teaspoonful onto lightly oiled cookie sheets.
- Combine the cinnamon sugar with the grated lemon rind in a small dish.
- Lightly sprinkle the cookies with the lemon sugar mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheets and place on wire racks to cool.