German Beer Cheese Dip
For serving options
- Shred cheeses into a bowl and toss with flour heat beer in heavy bottom sauce pan until it bubbles, reduce to simmer add cheeses in batches; stir constantly until melted and fully incorporated stirring constantly in a figure-eight pattern with wooden spoon, add in mustard and sauces.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or other serving dish meanwhile if you are going to be using the vegetables and wursts, blanch cauliflower or broccoli 2 – 3 minutes in boiling salted water in the same pan, bring the cooking water back to a boil and add the mini franks and pieces of bratwurst.
- Cook uncovered until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan to brown brats and franks and serve up with fondue and other dipping selection.
- Have a fun time dipping and talking while enjoying your favorite German beer.