Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced ripe olives
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Cook tomatoes and zucchini in 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until tender crisp. Remove vegetables; set aside.
- Cook onion in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft.
- Add rice; stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed. Increase heat to medium high; stir in 1 cup broth. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, , pepper, cream and reserved vegetables; serve immediately.