- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup cold water
- vegetable oil for frying
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Rub butter into mixture until mixture is grainy. Stir in water, little by little, until dough can be formed into a ball but is not sticky.
- Place dough on a clean, flat surface that has been dusted with flour.
- Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out dough to about 1/4 inch
thickness. Dip the rim of a glass in flour and cut dough into circles.
- Repeat with remaining dough until all dough has been used up.
- Pour 1/4 inch oil into medium frying pan and heat over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 mins.
- Fry them a few at a time for 3–4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.