A waist-watcher gravy - quite thin. Serve over meat or potatoes.
- Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup broth and defatted drippings
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch basil (for beef) or sage for chicken)
- Cook up bones as for soup, strain liquid.
- Refrigerate overnight or until white fat on top can be removed with a spoon.
- Refrigerate meat drippings from the pan and skim off the fat.
- Combine broth, flour and cornstarch in a screw-top jar, cover and shake until well combined or use a blender for a larger batch.
- Pour into saucepan, stir in ketchup, salt, pepper and basil for Beef (or sage for Turkey, or other herb of your choice).
- Stir-cook over medium heat until gravy thickens. (mine didn't thicken but I had some lumps of flour or cornstarch).
Per ¼ serving, 1++ extra
- 3 g carbohydrate | 1 g protein | 16 calories