Eggs stuffed with Spinach
This makes enough stuffing for at least 8 eggs; it is very, very good, and quite attractive as well. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: How to Cook Everything, by Mark Bittman
- Time: 5 minutes with precooked eggs | 20 minutes with raw eggs
- Makes 8 servings
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 to 8 oz of trimmed spinach
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- a tiny grating of nutmeg
- Cool the eggs, peel them, cut them in half the long way, and carefully remove the yolks.
- Steam or parboil the spinach; drain, squeeze dry, and chop finely.
- Mash the spinach with the yolks along with ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp butter, a tiny grating of nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before stuffing the whites.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group